Wednesday 17 February 2016

Ident Research

From my previous research on film openings within the thriller genre, I found that there is a significant difference between the Idents in this genre and other film genres. Below are some examples of idents from thriller films.




It appears that in order to fit in with this particular genre, filmmakers have abandoned the famous logos of these big production companies in exchange for darker, more depressing tones and colours. Black seems to be particularly popular as it connotes danger, death and sadness. By doing this the filmmaker is also able to express the seriousness and danger of the film as they have not used the typical cheery logos that are often used in other genres. This is something that I will be strongly considering doing in my own piece as I would like the tone of my film opening to be consistent, including my ident. 

No comments:

Post a Comment